Flaine, moments out of time!
A MOMENT TO MEET SOMEONE
A book that will take you on a journey
This book is the result of a desire to share and of Hubert de Tourris and Pascal Tournaire’s friendship. Hubert has been committed to yoga for many years. He teaches in Chamonix while expanding his research with his Indian teacher. Pascal, a big name in mountain photography and a mountaineer in search of beauty, discovered yoga with Hubert.
An exhibition where you can escape
Discover the "Vasarely, sharing shapes " exhibition as if you were there! A unique opportunity to find yourself close up to the works of this master of optical art. An exclusive look round in the company of Michel Gauthier, exhibition co-commissioner.
Recipes to share
Savoyard cuisine was born and expanded in medieval times when the Savoie Family demonstrated their greatness through, amongst other things, their lifestyle.
Le gâteau de Savoie (for 6 people)
- 125 g of sugar
- 1 rounded teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 55 g of flour (+ 1 dessert spoon for the tin)
- 55 g of potato flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (gas mark 5/6).
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the sugar and vanilla sugar with the egg yolks for 5 minutes. Gradually add the flour then the potato flour. Mix in each ingredient.
- Add the pinch of salt to the egg whites. Beat them into stiff peaks. First add 2 dessert spoons of beaten egg whites to the mixture. Turn from bottom to top to avoid breaking them. Once the mixture has an even consistency, mix in the rest of the egg whites in one go in the same way.
- Butter a sandwich tin and add the dessert spoon of flour. Tap the tin to spread it evenly. Pour the mixture into the sandwich tin and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. To check that the cake is cooked, push the blade of a knife into the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry, the cake is perfectly cooked. Remove it from the oven.
Le Berthoud (for 4 people)
- 720 g of Abondance cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 4 dessert spoons of Savoie white wine
- 4 teaspoons of Madeira or Port
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Rub 4 Berthoud dishes (or china ramekins) with the garlic and lay thin slivers of Abondance in them (180 g per person).
- Sprinkle all over with Madeira or Port and Savoie white wine and pepper generously. A pinch of nutmeg can also be added according the cook’s preference.
- Pepper then cook and turn golden in a traditional oven between 180 and 200°C for between 8 and 15 minutes, to melt the cheese and give it a golden brown crust.
Flaine architecture of a resort
For Sylvie and Eric Boissonnas, the strength of Marcel Breuer’s architecture- heir to the Bauhaus architectural and aesthetic concepts – lies in a certain crudeness, a rusticity in the handling of the materials and their physical aspect, seemed to suit the mountains.
« Modern architecture isn’t a style, but an attitude » Marcel Breuer
Alhéna, a unique position
You will be astonished by the Grand Massif, an area of character and contrast with its breath-taking view of Mont-Blanc.
Set up in Flaine Forum, the historic nerve centre of the resort, discover Alhéna.
A child’s tale, Peter and the Wolf
As an enchanting introduction to the world of classical music, share these marvellous musical tales with your children. The journey begins with Prokofiev’s essential Peter and the Wolf, narrated be Aznavour, Saint-Saens’ the Carnival of the Animals and many other stories about the music of Mozart, Debussy...
A festival for all age groups!