MGM offers upmarket hotel residences in the Alps’ most beautiful resorts. Discover how these luxury establishments work and their many advantages.
Rental investment in an MGM hotel residence
What is a hotel residence?
A hotel residence is the same thing as a tourist residence and refers to a commercial accommodation establishment that offers multiple furnished properties for rent (on a daily, weekly or monthly basis). The fully-equipped properties at our MGM hotel residences enable you to stay at your apartment in total independence and enjoy many benefits:
- Cleaning and maintenance service;
- Provision of linen;
- Swimming pool;
- Cardio-training gym;
- Relaxation area (facilities vary depending on rating).
How does an MGM tourist residence work?
You own 100% of your second home. The management is entrusted to MGM Hôtels et Résidences, which takes care of letting and maintaining your property, while paying a secure fixed rent. This way you are guaranteed to receive regular rent without worrying about how to let your property.
In MGM tourist residences, you choose the periods you want to book for your holidays. You have the use of your property between 2 and 6 weeks per year, and have free access to the relaxation and leisure area: around 1,000 m² with a swimming pool, hammam, sauna, hot tub, etc. You also benefit from discounted rates for your treatments at the establishment’s wellness centres.
Specialising in mountain residences for over 50 years, our group has the advantage of being both a builder and an operator. Thanks to this double expertise, we ensure optimal management of your property:
- Promotion of the property;
- Management of viewings and inspections;
- Finding tenants;
- Collection of rent (which is passed on to you each month, whether or not the property is let);
- Furnishing of the property, maintenance, management of any necessary repairs.
What are the advantages of buying a property in a hotel residence?
A concept that first appeared in the 1970s, hotel residences have managed to adapt to new practices in the tourism business. Today, they meet the expectations of an increasingly demanding clientele.
Created in 1963, MGM is a pioneer in construction for the mountain tourism sector. These years of experience have enabled us to attract thousands of investors who have managed to acquire a valuable asset and make the most of our establishments’ advantages.
- Advantageous tax situation: investing in a tourist residence gives you access to the LMNP (Non-professional Lessor of Furnished Accommodation) scheme and its tax advantages – deduction of actual costs and loan interests from your overall income, recovery of VAT at the time of purchase, which is 20% of the property price;
- Optimised rental management: you leave us in charge of all aspects of rental management and maintenance of the communal areas; you do not have to manage anything yourself.
- Guaranteed regular fixed rent: you receive fixed net rent for the entire duration of the commercial lease;
- High profitability: located at the heart of the Alps’ most famous resorts, our hotel residences achieve an excellent average yield;
- Lower-cost holidays: you can enjoy your furnished property for several weeks per year and access all the residence’s services.
MGM residences, upmarket buildings in the mountains
MGM tourist residences are upmarket establishments that fit in perfectly with their natural environment. Built from fine, natural materials, they provide a high level of daily comfort.
All the apartments make the best use of space and offer a pleasant living environment. Their contemporary lines are bathed in natural light and maximise the room sizes.
MGM’s high standards can also be seen in the care taken over the residences’ finishes and functionality. Our fully equipped establishments have something to satisfy all your family members thanks to a variety of high-end features: swimming pool, sauna, hammam, gym, etc.
MGM services include a variety of equipment to hire or borrow: ski gear, kitchen utensils and equipment, board games, consoles, reservation of ski passes, etc.
Apartments by the ski slopes or at the heart of the resort
To enable you to make a profitable investment in a hotel residence, MGM choses the location of its buildings with particular care. Located at the foot of the slopes (or at the heart of the ski area), they give you access to all of the resort’s services in a few minutes.
We have also selected renowned destinations guaranteeing a good snow record and a full range of activities (winter and summer alike). Here again, these high standards enable us to secure your investments in a tourist residence. Find advice online for investing successfully in a tourist residence and discover the advantages of owning a second home in the mountain.