Owning a second home gives you many advantages. When you buy your apartment from MGM, you above all benefit from our exclusive expertise in mountain property. MGM Constructeur guarantees assistance with every step of your purchase. Thanks to this personal attention, our real estate experts can help you choose the most appropriate form of rental investment to achieve your goals.
What are the advantages of a second home?
Investing in a second home is an ideal way to build up equity and receive additional income, as well as being able to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the destination of your dreams for several weeks a year.
With MGM, there are two investment options for buying a second home in the mountains.
- Investing in a leaseback: with this investment, you own an apartment in an upmarket residence. Your property is rented and managed all year by MGM Hôtels et Résidences; you receive a fixed net rent each year and can have sole enjoyment of your property for several weeks a year (between 2 and 6 weeks);
- Buying a property in a classic condominium: you are the owner of your property and can manage it at your convenience; the condominium gives you free access to all the communal areas of the residence – car parks, cellars, swimming pools and gyms.
Whether you wish to invest in a leaseback property or buy a condominium property, MGM can assist you at every step of the way, from signing the reservation contract to handover of keys.
The advantages of owning a property in a leaseback property
Rental investment in a leaseback offers many advantages. This is the best solution if you want to let out your property and maximise profitability.
- Tax advantages: buying a property in a leaseback propertye entitles you to tax breaks under the LMNP (Loueur de Meublé Non Professionnel - Non-Professional Lessor of Furnished Accommodation) scheme. You can deduct all costs relating to investment of your BIC (Industrial and Commercial Profits) income and claim back VAT, which is 20% of the total property price;
- Guaranteed fixed net rents: you receive net rent, whether the property is let or not;
- Profitability guaranteed: located at the heart of the most beautiful resorts in the Alps, in an exceptional setting, MGM residences generally achieve an average yield of 4.5%;
- Your rental property entirely managed by MGM: unlike a classic condominium, you do not have to manage your own property. Our professionals take care of all rental management tasks: furnishing and maintenance, viewings and inventories, collection of rent, etc.
- Lower-cost holidays: you can occupy your property for 2 to 6 weeks a year and access your residence’s upmarket services.
The advantages of owning a classic condominium property
Classic condominiums also offer several advantages:
- Occupancy of your residence all year round: you can use your property (but also let it out) as you like, whenever is convenient for you;
- Furnishing and decoration: you can decorate and furnish your apartment according to your tastes and preferences;
- Transparent regulations: co-owners’ rights and duties are clearly defined by the condominium regulations.
MGM brings you the benefit of its expertise in mountain property construction and management.
- Quality locations: with our thorough knowledge of the mountains, we have located our residences in the Alps’ most beautiful resorts, and also close to Lake Annecy;
- Top-of-the-range constructions: when designing our residences, we select fine, natural materials offering solidity, robustness and aesthetics. Glass as well as wood are frequently used by our builders;
- Comfortable interiors: all our homes have large, elegant rooms; their contemporary design plays with natural light and offers maximum comfort;
- Immaculate finishes: care is taken over every detail, adding to the beauty of your home. A major advantage when it comes to attracting tenants;
- Authentic Savoyard architecture: our mountain residences fit in perfectly with the natural environment of the Alps. Their architecture is modern but in keeping with the proud Savoyard building tradition.
Thanks to our property developments’ many advantages, your second home will be a valuable asset. Take the opportunity to buy the mountain pied-à-terre of your dreams. Our buyer’s guide will tell you all about the different types of second home, and can help you choose a property that is right for you. You can also find out how to finance your second home and make your mountain apartment purchase a success.